Friday, July 15, 2011

CHAPTER FOUR--ALTERNATE

A loud snarl tore throughout the cave and the wolf leaped at the man. The woman droped her flashlight and the glass shattered, flinging a couple shards shooting into my arm. His snarles were joined by two others. I stood up, feeling my way to the wall. Suddenly I felt a hand on the back of my head and was pushed into the wall. The sharp stone of the cave sliced small groves in my face.
"Did you miss me?" His voice was beautiful. Melodic and deep. It terrified me. I reacted instinctually and convulsed, trying to throw him off of me. He pressed me harder into the wall, placing a hand between my shoulder blades. I held back a cry as the skin under his hand caught on fire. It spread to my heart. Suddenly I couldn't breath, but I was calm. It was so peaceful...no noise besides my breathing and his. "You are special. Unique," he told me. "You have a power that I want. Come with me and live." Yes, I should go with him. There's nothing for me here. His voice was compelling me. Drawing me closer. Every thing is fine. Everything is perfect.
I was suddenly flung across the floor and smothered in wet fur. The wolf crouched on top of me and I froze. The man laughed, his voice cruel and biteing. "She is mine. She will come for me." After a few minutes of silence, he shifted letting precious air into my lungs. I layed there for a moment thinking about what had happend. The area between my shoulder blades slowly stoped buring and i pushed, nudging the wolf off of me completely. I sat up, clenching my teeth against the new ache's that ran up my spine. the wolf came up beside me and licked the rivlets of blood that ran off my face. It stung, but i just sat there. He eventually stoped and we sat there in silence till sunrise.
As the first weak rays of light hit my face, I slowly woke from my light sleep. I was leaning up agianst the wolf. I sat up, wrinkiling my nose at his stench. He was covered in blood, but i was glad to see most of it wasn't his own. The colar was slightly riped out of his neck, reviling an inch long strand of wire. I got up suddenlly, walked out side and washed most of the dirt and blood off. i walked back into the cave and knelt by my bag, pulling out a shirt, a pair of sissors, and a water bottle. "Its time to get that thing out of your neck."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I worked for three hours, cutting and pulling the wire till I had a pile of them beside me. He had been calm and only growled when I was rough. I poured the bottle of water over his neck, washing away the old and new blood. I used the shirt to clean it the best I could and only moments after I sat back to inspect my work, he took off. It suprised me so mush I lost my balance and fell backword.
"Of course he left. Don't be so disappionted" I said to myslelf. I sighed. It was no use. I didn;t want him to leave. I should just be glad he didn't eat me. I stand winceing as my muscles stretch. I staart gathering up my stuff and set out for the crick with both my bags, one over each shoulder

No comments:

Post a Comment